When a group of people are working jointly on a project … collaboration is taking place. This dynamic concept involves more than just technical architecture, solutions or products; but rather an insight into the modern workplace that integrates people, processes, and technology.
In every organization there exists a formal hierarchy that directs the flow of information downward from leadership, but in reality this is not how colleagues interact inside, outside or across the organization. At the core of improving business productivity is the need to improve natural connections between people and information that not only allows, but promotes collaboration.
We all learned to "play nice" and "share" in kindergarten, right? While the game hasn't changed, its complexity and the tools involved have. The goal of collaboration technology is nothing more than to capture and fulfill this human affinity to share with one another as naturally as possible and to do it expeditiously and efficiently.
Using the concepts of empowerment, engagement and innovation, your organization can lay this critical foundation for its workforce.
- Engage by connecting and sharing through the use of collaboration tools
- Empower people to work where, how, and when they want
- Encourage innovation and creativity in idea development
Successful collaboration is dependent upon allowing workers to focus on meeting their goals, rather than wasting resources on unnecessary steps and procedures. This will inherently shift the focus from individual applications to a more integrated and collaborative work environment. Emerging technologies make it feasible for a custom unified communications solution to be designed and built to support collaboration among people in the most remote locations.
Through tailored solutions, collaboration can:
- Flatten organizational hierarchy and encourage better communication within all levels of the organization
- Elevate and personalize communication to improve the quality and speed of decision making
- Save time, simplify workflows, and increase workforce interaction and productivity
- Build trust and understanding within cross-functional teams across time zones through frequent video communications
- Improve customer responsiveness by facilitating faster access to experts and information
- Reduce travel, real-estate costs, and greenhouse gas emissions by meeting virtually and supporting telecommuting